//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> City of Naperville || Permits and Licenses City of Naperville

Permits and Licenses

Amplifier Permit
Before applying for an Amplifier Permit, you must review the regulations. Download and fill out the Amplifier Application form.
BASSET Training
Anyone selling or serving alcohol in Naperville is required by the city’s Liquor Commissioner to be certified by a certified BASSET trained instructor provided by the City of Naperville, and all BASSET training provided by the City of Naperville shall be conducted upon the premises of the Naperville Municipal Center.
Bicycle Safety and Registration
The NPD encourages residents to register their bicycles and practice some common safety tips to prevent thefts.
Block Party Permit
Before applying for a Block Party Permit, you must review the regulations. Download and fill out the Block Party Permit form.
Building and Development Permits
A comprehensive collection of building and development permits administered by the City of Naperville's Transportation, Engineering and Development Business Group.
Cigarette and Tobacco License
Anyone selling any tobacco products must have a Cigarette/Tobacco license.
Commuter Parking
Information about daily fee and permit train station parking, including a downloadable parking permit application.
Downtown Mobile Vending Carts
In 2010, the Naperville City Council approved a policy pertaining to free-standing vendor carts in downtown Naperville. The vending carts are retricted to designated locations and subject to certain conditions and application requirements. 
Drivers License and Registration
The Naperville Drivers Services Facility is operated by the Illinois Secretary of State's office. Services include: titles, registrations, stickers, plates, license tests and renewals, reinstatement fee processing and vision screening.
Electrical Contractor Registration
The City of Naperville requires that electricians register with the Clerk's Office.
Emerald Ash Borer
The Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) is a small (1/2 inch long, 1/8 inch wide) metallic green beetle that has killed millions of ash trees across the Midwest.
Fire Permits
Fire Permits The City of Naperville's Development Services Team works with the Fire Department regarding issuance of fire related permits and follow up inspections.
Food and Beverage Tax
On July 1, 2004, the Naperville City Council adopted an ordinance that establishes a one percent (1%) tax on food and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), which can be consumed on the premises where purchased.
Forms and Documents
Includes fire, security and other safety-related forms.
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request
Any person who wishes to inspect and/or obtain copies of public records from the City of Naperville shall follow the rules below, in accordance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act, effective July 1, 1984.
Handicap Placard Application
The City of Naperville can issue a non-renwable temporary handicap placards for residents that live in incorporated Naperville.
Home-Based Business Ordinance
In early 2006, the Plan Commission initiated text amendments to sections of the zoning ordinance that affect home-based businesses.
Meeting Room Reservations
Several meeting rooms within the City of Naperville Municipal Center are available to the public for meetings.
Person with Disabilities Parking Card
Before applying for a Person with Disabilities Parking Card, you must review the regulations. Download and fill out the Person with Disabilities Parking Card.
Plumber Registration Application
The City of Naperville requires that plumber's register with the City Clerk's Office.
Plumbing Permit
The City of Naperville requires a permit for any installation or repair of plumbing in commercial or residential buildings.
Raffle Application
Raffle Permits are regulated by the State of Illinois and are only issued to not-for-profit organizations.
Scavenger Services
Beginning January 1, 2006, refuse collection firms must obtain a City of Naperville Commercial Scavenger License to collect or dispose of any commercial waste, refuse or recycling materials. 
Sidewalk Contractor's License Application
The City of Naperville requires that sidewalk contractor's register with the City Clerk's Office.
Sign Posting
Placing any type of sign in the public right-of-way, such as parkways or medians, is prohibited.
Solicitors, Peddlers, Food Vendors, Tag Days
It shall be unlawful for any person to engage door to door peddling or soliciting in the city without having first obtained a license. A photo ID badge and reflective safety vest issued by the City Clerk’s Office shall be worn at all time of the peddling/solicitation. No license shall be issued without the approval of the Naperville Police Department and the City Clerk. Any person desiring to obtain a license to solicit or peddle shall apply with the City Clerk’s office.
Taxes, Fees and Financial Forms
Includes bank draft application, budget billing application, tax forms, as well as a listing of taxes and fees applicable within the City of Naperville.
Taxi Cab Licensing
Any person doing business providing public passenger service in the City is required to have an operating license. All applicants shall submit their fingerprints to be used in completing the background investigation. Every taxicab providing public passenger service in the City of Naperville must be registered and must display the vehicle registration sticker issued by the City. Any person desiring to obtain a license to operate a taxicab business or to drive a taxicab shall apply with the City Clerk’s office.
Trees - Parkway
Residents can find information regarding the care and planting of parkway trees.  A planting permit is required for parkway tree planting.
Trees - Removal & Preservation
The City of Naperville wishes to encourage tree preservation on all properties involved in construction activity. A tree removal permit is required for parkway tree removal, trees on lots of 1½ acres or more, and trees on commercial property.